Friday, August 1, 2008

Finally zzzzzzzzzzz

Zzzzzzzzzzz! I got some rest last night! It is the 1st night since last Friday or Saturday I was able to sleep in my own bed. My muscle pain is nearly gone. Some of the pull I have getting in/out of bed and laying on my side and back are from the incisions themselves. That will heal in time.

Yesterday I got the drain tube out and it has allowed me to sleep on my preferred side. It doesn’t seem to bother the drain incision. I have to share my bed with about 5-6 pillows to make it happen, but at least I get to sleep.

Yesterday at my follow up the doctor is allowing me to add protein drinks to my meals. Everything is still liquids. He also added Nexium to my medications. I have always taken Nexium, but now it is in a powder form. I thought, “Oh great! Back to nasty tasting crushed medication.” This even sounds nasty by the directions. Stir 1 packet with 1 T water and allow to set 2 minutes to thicken. YUK! Stir again and drink. My mouth watered just thinking about the thickening part. Well after the 2 minutes I decided it couldn’t be any worse than the Amoxicillin, so open up, grab your cowboy boot straps and chug. SURPRISE! It had no taste! This was one happy cowgirl. I can actually claim cowgirl status. I graduated from Abilene High School - home of the Cowboys.

He also allowed me to start driving. Watch out world the girl has wheels!!!!!

Today was a change of pace in a sort. I got around and showered and paid a visit to the gals at the chiropractor’s office. They had been asking dad about me and they called once to see how I have been doing. I then went to Dillons to do some shopping. I needed milk for the protein shakes. I bought mom and dad a few items. Finally I can turn the table and do something for them! I came home. It was a good walk from one end of the Dillons super store to the other. I actually felt pretty good. About 2 hours later I was sitting in the chair in the living room and nodded off. I decided no sense in falling out of the recliner so I went to bed and took an hour nap. I do not want to overdo and have these muscles flair up, so I am trying to be careful. They are still a little sore, but increasingly better.

Tomorrow mom and dad are going to Wichita. I’m glad they will get out of town. They have been tethered to me since the 21st. So it will be good for them to get together with 3 other couples. Me? I plan to get up and take a walk outside before it gets inhumanly hot. Then I have to prepare for a lesson I am teaching at the woman’s Bible study Monday night. From there, the world is my oyster shell. Okay, maybe the world inside the walls of my house. I am not going outside in the 3 digit heat! I have a “recuperating to do list”. On it are 3 items of which I am not interesting in 2 of them (dusting room and dusting computer room). The other is right up my alley (organizing CD’s). I also have a pile of mail in my desk and a pile of “junk” on my desk to go through. So I will do what ever I decide I want to do.

Well, life is moving on day by day. As I look at the clock, the days seem to go slow, but as I look at the calendar, they are flying by and work is around the corner.

Until the next insight inspiration – take care! DeAnn :0)

No comments: