Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Work Day One Down Successfully

My 1st day back at work was a leisurely one. John let me pick which channel I wanted to run, so I chose the one that was least active. It would give me a chance to settle back in. I did well. I was tired, but not exhausted. Today I will have to take an afternoon nap because I work 6:30p-2:30a. One of the midnight gals called in sick. John asked if I wanted to hold over, knowing I didn’t but had to ask because of seniority rights. I told him I thought my 1st week back I would decline all overtime, maybe next week.

I can’t wait for my dr. appointment Thursday. I am so ready to eat!! I am tired of sweet tasting stuff. All my protein shakes, jell-o, juice, popsicles, etc are sweet. My soup is the only thing that is not sweet, but I am tired of it! Once I see the doctor and I move on to pureed food I can have eggs, cottage cheese, tuna, chicken, mashed potatoes with protein powder or non dairy dry milk in them. I will still have to use protein drinks because I can’t eat enough food to get 60 grams of protein in a day. Eventually I will be able to. Probably by the time I get to regular food at week 6. One egg will fill me up. ¼ cup of cottage cheese will fill me up. I have to begin a normal feeding schedule. Right now I am “eating” all the time with water, juice, protein shakes, etc. I will have to eat 3-4 meals a day and still get my 64oz of fluids in me. It is going to be a challenge I am sure, but I am so ready for it! My appointment is at 2:30 on Thursday. I will stop and see Ronda afterwards. I have to be to work at 6:30pm. I will have to have my supper made and ready to take! I think I am supposed to eat every 3-4 hours. Working until 2:30am will mean I will need 2 meals. I will put protein powder or dry milk in just about everything to boost the grams of protein in everything.

I am still feeling well. My incisions are healing well. I am having some problem with one of the incisions. It is the one in the center of my abdomen. I think the location is a problem because everything rubs up against it (desk, counter, etc.) My drain incision seems to be healing well, although it seems a little slow due to its location. I think the drain is usually on the right side of your rib cage. Mine is on my right hip area because my bowels were too short. Considering there is a roll of fat it lies between adds to the slow progress rate. Who knows maybe it is just my impatience. Dr. Hachem seemed pleased with the progress last week, so we will see what he says this week.

This morning I walked around the entire block again!! That is good for me right now. I will continue to do this and if it is too hot out I will go to the “Y” and walk the track there (inside). I would imagine the humidity will get me before the heat at 7am. I won’t make it out of bed on Thursday-Saturday until around noon, so I would guess I will have to go to the “Y” to walk, but I intend to do so. I want to get this habit down. It will improve my sagging skin; tighten the muscles around my waist, etc.

I got the UnJury protein mixes today. I had a vanilla one for breakfast and it seems more pleasant to me than the ones I have been drinking. It has 20g protein, so that will be helpful in getting my protein in. I am just tired of the sweetness of everything. I never thought I would hear me say that.

My coworkers last night brought in Sonic. They had foot long chili cheese dogs and chicken nuggets and tator tots. I had gone to the bathroom and when I returned and opened the door it was strong fries smell. It smelt good, but I didn’t have a desire to have any. I know in time that will probably change. At this point I really don’t get hungry. I have a hunger feeling, but of course the protein shake, Popsicle, juice or water take care of it. Hopefully by the time I feel like wanting the take out I will be able to eat a hamburger and get my protein and be happy. As I have known from the start this is a new lifestyle and a lifestyle is just habits. I must form them now for when everything kicks in and I am more comfortable with my decisions and they come 2nd nature.

I feel I am on the road to a new life! Thank you Innovative Weight Loss Solutions, Dr Hachem, Ronda, Pam, Jennifer and Terra! You have been a life saver!

No comments: