Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Fair Trade Off

A Fair Trade Off                            2/28/10

This week has been a week of challenges. I have been having problems with high blood pressure. I was able to get off my blood pressure medication in June 2009 thanks to losing my weight and exercising. My lifestyle brought on the great news of no more blood pressure medications!! Well the last 4 months my blood pressure has been high. This week I went to the doctor for my B-12 shot and once again my BP was extremely high. So she wanted me to have an appointment to talk about it. I was feeling like such a failure because I couldn't stay off of medications. I felt it was because of my "sliding" back into bad habits of eating. Well, she told me not to worry, be concerned about or be frustrated with going back on medications. It was obvious to her my lifestyle got me off the medication and it is obvious to her it is not my lifestyle that is making me return to taking medications. She said sometimes our bodies do not function as they should. It may be largely due to hereditary means. So we have to rely on medications to put the body in sync with itself.

Ronda had been telling me the same thing. She had said to not worry and not beat myself up. Once again, Ronda is right and her encouragement was right on key. I've often talked about the support I get from IWLS staff. Ronda, Pam and Jennifer are the jewels of the program. They truly do care! Thank you guys! Thank you for always being there and always willing to take the time to encourage, inform, instruct and care.

So it is a fair trade off to allow my mind to rest and feel safe with taking medication again. I can't control it with my diet or exercise. I can't control it with my worry and concern. I must, as Ronda pointed out, accept how God is providing for me, by sending doctors, their knowledge and medications to me to correct the problem.

This journey of the last 19 months has been challenging, rewarding and intriguing. God has provided people; family, friends and professionals to help me face those challenges and celebrate those rewards. I shall continue to look to Him to guide me through them.


 

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil.

It has no point.

1 comment:

Barbara's blog said...

Life doesn't always work out the way we expect, but one thing we know for sure--God works life out for us.