Monday, February 1, 2010

Falling

I did not fail, but I fell. I know this is a play on words, but it is also a way to look at the stumbles we make in life. Each stumble leads us to our destination. As long as we get back up and keep on trying, we have not failed. We may have fallen, for a moment, but we did not fail.

I have struggled with feeling like I am off track with so many things in my life right now. It just seems like life is passing me by in some ways. I just don't have a grip on things like I used to or like I want. Therefore I often times feel like I fell. I know in my head each stumble is a learning stepping stone. It is just hard to keep that in view when I stumble. I get excited about things and when it doesn't go as planned, I get disappointed and frustrated. I want to throw my hands up in the air and give up. BUT I know each of those disappointments are a means to become stronger. I am not just talking about the weight loss. I am talking about life in general. God places certain obstacles in our way to help us rely on Him and allow Him to pull us up. As we fall, He is there to reach out and upright us and point us in the right direction. So as I stumble and fall I will remember I have not failed unless I refuse to get back up and carry on. One stumble is just a detour. There are speed bumps all along the road of life and I must learn to take them in stride.


"Our greatest glory is not in never falling

but in rising every time we fall."

     ~ Confucius~~~~~

No comments: