Sunday, February 14, 2010

Change It Up

What was I thinking? I went to my trainer at the YMCA and told her I didn't feel my exercise plan was doing anything. I felt like it was just a routine and not accomplishing anything. She got excited (should have been my 1st clue) about designing a new circuit for me. So several days later we had an appointment to go over the new circuit. The 1st day I did it on my own it was the lower body workout. The 2nd day was the upper body workout. I alternate those each day, so Monday and Wednesday is upper and Tuesday/Thursday is lower. Well, I did the lower body that 1st Tuesday. I hadn't had a workout like that for months. I hadn't sweat like that since I "fell off" the floor mat in Pilates last year. I had a true workout and it felt wonderful!

Wednesday morning at 1:49am I woke up needing to make a visit to the bathroom. I rolled over and groaned. Oh my, the workout was evident and painful. I obviously had made some much under used muscles very angry. I made it to the bathroom before an accident transformed. I went back to bed. The alarm clock went off at the usual 5:45am call. I thought, "Oh my, DeAnn, you don't want to go workout this morning." "Oh yes DeAnn, you must." "No I can't. I hurt." "No DeAnn you only feel some pain in the lower extremities of your body and today is the upper workout and it doesn't hurt." Well, I guess the point was made because I arose and went to the "Y". Well, once again after my workout I felt wonderful from the intense movements in my circuit. I thought the true test would be Thursday morning. Well, Thursday did roll around and I rolled over at 5:45am and groaned. My muscles were crying out in rebellion. I ignored them and got out of bed and made it to the "Y". I now was back to the lower body workout. Yes, some muscles were still in rebellion, but I whipped them into movement. By the end of the workout I was sweating and panting and having a wonderful time. Who would have thought exercise would be so welcome and "enjoyable"? The hard part is getting out of bed and getting to the "Y"; especially in COLD weather. Once there and moving, completing the circuit and walking out to go home, it feels so good.

The results from the exercising have spurred me on. My weigh-in on Saturday was the best I have had in months. I lost 2.8 pounds and I am once again back to the lowest weight I've been (Oct 10, 2009). I pray it is a roll that will continue and I am back on the road to progress. Changing up the routine made the difference in more ways than one. It helped rev up the body and also spurred me to be a little more conscious of my eating. I'm not as good as I once was, but I am making progress I think.


 

Dear God: I have a problem. Sometimes, it's me.

No comments: