Sunday, May 24, 2009

Swing For The Fence

Today I was driving along and heard a phrase. “Take that homerun cut. Swing for the fence.” If our goal isn’t for the best we can attain, then we are playing for 2nd best. No one likes to be 2nd best. We sometimes have to settle for 2nd and know we gave our best. Even when we sacrifice for the other player and bunt we are playing to our best ability for that situation. Team work is as important as working alone at 100%.

Who and what are your team players? Are they positive influences? Do they encourage you to perform at 100% yet accept you at less? Some days 100% is too hard and we need to take a breather and bunt. We have to lean on our team players to help carry the load. Yet, we must continue to have structure and discipline. Swing for the fence.

"Every great leap forward in your life comes after you have made a clear decision of some kind."
~Brian Tracy~

2 comments:

Barbara's blog said...

I love that phrase, "Swing for the fence." Wow! What good advice. By the way, I saw your pictures and I don't think I would have recognized you. What a differece!

Unknown said...

DeAnn, thanks for the blog, I am sure I will refer back to it often. I am in the process of setting up the consultation appt. with Dr. Hachem at IWLS.
We have probably talked on the phone in the past :). I've worked at the mental health center 16 years doing crisis work and have called Salina 911 more often than I care to remember.
I am writing to ask about your final costs at IWLS. I assume you had the Saline County Employee insurance at the time of your surgery. Did it pay for the preop testing? I am prepared to pay cash for the surgery, but concerned about the testing. thanks so much, Pam