Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wrestling with the old way

Today was one of those days that I wish I could eat what I want, how much I want, as I want! I went to work planning to work 10:30am-6:30pm. When the 6:30 gal didn’t show up I looked at the schedule. She was down for 4 hours vacation and it wasn’t covered. So I called the boss and he didn’t realize he didn’t have it covered. So I had no choice but to stay until 10:30pm. I already have vacation time this week on Thursday, so I had to work at straight pay instead of overtime rate. I was mad and wanted to eat, eat, eat and eat something greasy, salty and sweet. Not all the same thing either!!!!! The Hostess Ding Dongs came to mind and I thought about how they would look exceptionally wonderful in the vending machine. I also knew there was Suzy Q’s down there and some Nacho Doritos. There is usually a Rice Krispies treat and I’m sure a carton of whole chocolate milk. Then we can move onto the Snickers, $100,000 bar (my favorite). Then there are M&M’s and some Oreos. I thought about ordering a pizza, a greasy hamburger, Spangles fries and a Wendy’s Frostie. Well, I stopped and thought to myself and said, “DeAnn, just who is that going to show, what?” Well, no one would have cared if I had eaten any or all of it. So I got a hold of an officer and asked if he was going somewhere to eat. He said Arby’s. So I settled on a Ham and Swiss cheese sandwich. That encompassed my supper. I didn’t even go to the vending machine and get the Doritos! As I said it was a tough day at work!!!!

Look at life through the windshield not the rear view mirror.

1 comment:

Barbara's blog said...

Good job! Those thoughts come in so fast it's hard to withstand their onslaught, but you did it. That's called discipline and you've got it!