Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Years, New Beginnings

This the final week of 2008 finds me sitting down to think about goals I made for the year. Some I accomplished and others are on-going. Some, sad to say fell by the wayside along the way. Setting goals doesn’t just happen at the end of the year, but continuous goal setting is essential for growth. That is what I have done this year and what I plan to do for 2009. As one goal is reached, I have discovered over the year that another goal or a further step must be put in place. It is imperative to forging on in life’s journey.

2008 was a year of growth and shrinkage; growth in areas of faith and health; shrinkage in areas of weight and inches. God was strongly by my side in decisions, provisions and many blessings. As I have walked this journey of weight loss I have discovered how important friends’ and family’s support is to the success. Ultimately the work that leads to success is mine to bear, but without my family and friends behind me I would be struggling beyond my abilities. Just a spoken word of encouragement, a compliment, an urging, a dropped note, a smile or a pat on the back lends so much to the journey. So I take this moment to say thank you to each one of you! It feels great to be 78 pounds lighter and many inches smaller. The clothing is often times frustrating, but it is a small price to pay for being healthier.

2009 is a year of anticipation for me. I’m excited to continue to cement my new lifestyle with new eating habits surrounding kinds of food, amount of food and proper diet. I look forward to getting my exercise routines down to increase the toning of the “problem” areas. Most importantly is growing in my faith which is the center of all growth.

I thank my YMCA trainer, Hope for her dedication in keeping me inspired and eager to perform. She has the enthusiasm that spurs me on to do more and work harder. She is truly Hope!

I thank my pastor Dave for the inspiration of faith. His messages every week and his encouragements are beyond description. My faith has grown in the year and ½ I have been attending New Community Christian Church. Along that vein is the group of individuals I have grown the most with. That would be my cell group at church. It is a group of single women that challenge me every week to dig deeper, walk straighter and love purer. We have grown closer over the year and I continue to find strength in each of them. Their friendships are a ray of sunshine in my daily walk.

I can’t pass the opportunity to thank the staff at Innovative Weight Loss Solutions. Their support through encouragement, information and friendship is immeasurable. They truly care about the people!

So as 2009 knocks on my door, I wish my family and friends many blessings and the strength to continue to stretch and grow.


“I am grateful for new years and new beginnings.
It is a great human need to be periodically reborn.”
~Richard Paul Evans~ in “Finding Noel”

No comments: