Sunday, July 20, 2008

Just hours to go

The question of the day is: "Are you ready?" My answer is: "Yes! Only __ hours left." One of my co-workers asked if I was enjoying the bathroom decor today. I told her I was getting caught up on my "Find A Word" searches. If I ever have to taste another Fleet again it will be much too soon. That is the nastiest tasting stuff. I mixed it with apple juice and couldn't even taste the jucie. The best part was the 16oz water chaser!

I got off work at 2:30am and in bed by 3am. I got up at 7:30am to go to church. I didn't want to take the fleet and then go to church because I don't recall there being speakers in the bathroom. So I got up to go to early service. That way I could start the Fleet 30 minutes late and be at home. I think an early bedtime is in the making for tonight. That will be okay though because I will need to get up at 3:30am to take a shower and get around to be on the road before 5am to be in Junction City and checked in by 6am.

I have my bag packed. I have been trying to drink lots of liquids today so I am not dehydrated for surgery. I've had 76oz of water, 16oz of apple juice straight up, two 4oz glasses of apple juice with a shot (1.5oz bottle) of fleet, one grape popsicle and and 8oz of chicken broth. I still have another 4-8 oz of chicken broth to go and more water. I think the approptiate word is "floating".

Well, this is the end of this portion of my journey. The next time you hear from me I will be set on a new leg of life. It is one I am anxiously looking forward to! Until then, be kind to yourself and take care! DeAnn :0)

No comments: