Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day one at home

I got home yesterday (23rd) around 3:30pm. I was discharged from the hospital at 2pm. It was great to go home. I only wanted to sleep in my own bed. The 1st night at home in my own bed was wonderful. I don’t remember waking up but once until morning. Now it is a matter of gaining stamina and that is coming slower than I like, but I am impatient. I have some more intense soreness so I have to use the pain medication some. I hate to but they tell me it helps speed up the recovery. I am trying to walk once every 20 minutes. I have a timer set because I tend to get distracted and lose track of time. I’m drinking 1 oz of liquids (water, juice, broth) every 15 minutes. My stomach was growling this morning and I suddenly realized it was the old stomach. I had to chuckle.

Getting in 64 ozs of fluids was not reached today. After 41 ozs at 9:30pm I was feeling fluid logged. I didn't take in any protein and that concerns me means protain aides in the healing. So I have an email in to Ronda (director of Innovative Weight Loss Solutions-the program I am with). Before surgery I was taking in over 64 ozs a day, so the smaller pouch must make the difference in the ease of it all. I hope the ease of getting the quanitity will increase with time. Right now I feel almost uncomfortable because of the logged feeling.

Today was a little rough, but I think someone told me or I read or both that day 3 & 4 were the toughest. I will just keep doing what I'm doing and take the progress as it comes. I can only do my best. I am so glad I did this! No regrets! Tomorrow is another start!

Thanks for reading! Until next time--DeAnn :0)

1 comment:

Barbara's blog said...

Although I ask Jim about you, it's good to hear from your blog. I hope you'll keep us informed often. We're pulling for you, DeAnn!