Monday, February 16, 2009

Blueprints of life

All things are created twice. There’s a mental or first creation, and a physical or second creation to all things. You have to make sure that the blueprint, the first creation, is really what you want, that you’ve thought everything through. Then you put it into bricks and mortar. Each day you go to the construction shed and pull out the blueprint to get marching orders for the day. You begin with the end in mind.

~7 Habits of Highly Effective People~


This is a devotion I had for today. It is so true of weight loss. You must look upon your goals daily. Just because you did well yesterday doesn’t mean today will go as well. And just because yesterday was a struggle doesn’t mean today will be so challenging. This devotion works for any area of life. Is there something you want to do, something you want to accomplish, a new way of living, or a new way of thinking? Anything must be assessed often to make sure you are still on track, on the right track or following the right set of “rules”. If you aren’t, you might be headed towards a derailment. Sure there will be speed bumps. There might even be detours and unexpected outcomes if your blueprint isn’t consulted or is read incorrectly. The great thing about that is you can always go back to that blueprint and retrace your steps and get back on track. So if there is anything you have wanted to do and just haven’t taken the time to pursue it, sit down and draw up a “blueprint”. Map out your plan and work towards that goal, anticipation, wish, want, dream. Once you walk daily to pursue that dream, wish, or goal you will find incentive and inspiration to pursue it more passionately daily. Even the back steps will seem less frustrating when you have a plan to follow.

This week I ended up with the dreaded winter cold. It hit me hard Friday morning. By Saturday night I was having the chills, aches and was totally drained of all energy. By the time I got home at 3am from work I was bushed. Sunday was a day of total sleep. I spent about 5 hours out of bed and most of that time was spent sleeping in the chair. I ate ½ a cup of pudding and a can of chicken noodle soup. (Mom was always right that chicken noodle soup makes you feel better). I got on the scale this morning and lost 6 pounds yesterday. I do not recommend this method of weight control. I don’t look for today to be much different in the eating department. I am still feeling fairly rough. I feel like I probably have a fever so Tylenol has been a regular for yesterday and will be today. I plan to stay out of bed due to the fact every pore of my torso hurts. Some of that is from coughing and blowing my nose, but also from laying in bed for a day. I hope everyone stays healthy and on tract with whatever goals they have.



The mind may be blessed with perfect memory, but it is cursed with lousy recall.
~goals guy~

No comments: