Tuesday, January 20, 2009

From size to size

Yesterday I came home from the “Y” and announced to mom and dad “this is the last time I am going to wear this coat.” Mom said, “Too big?” I said, “Yes! And it is very frustrating.” You see I have been wearing a coat I couldn’t even get zipped last winter. It is a 3XL. It has become so big the pockets are close to the knees. So I put on another coat I tried to wear last winter and couldn’t get zipped. It is a 2XL. It too is too big. Not as frustrating as the 3XL though. You see these 2 coats have been my favorite coats and I hated to give them up, but too big is too big. There comes a time when too big becomes cumbersome and frustrating. So mom pulled out a spare coat of hers. I bought her a new coat for Christmas so she hasn’t been wearing this one. Well, I am now wearing it and it is an XL. It fits nicely and I can zip it as well. So I hope it will take me through this winter and next year I will invest in a new coat, hopefully even smaller!

Now to move on to the pants!

Surgery does not cure obesity; it just gives us tools to battle it.

No comments: