Sunday, June 7, 2009

Staying The Course

This week there are no words of wisdom from me. I have found a poem that says it so well. It is by B.J. Gallagher. I hope you will enjoy it and find encouragement from it. I was inspired to try a little harder because of it. It is a reminder that life is a process not a single event.

Staying the Course
By BJ Gallagher

Our journey of life is about progress,
not perfection.
It's not about doing one thing
100% better -
it's a matter of doing 100 things,
1% better each day.

Progress is evolutionary
not revolutionary,
and most days we measure our progress
in inches,
not miles.

What matters most
is showing up for your life
whether you feel like it
or not.

Ask yourself,
"What two or three little things
can I do today
that would move me forward?"

You'll be amazed
at how much distance
you can cover
by taking it in increments.

The little things add up;
the inches turn to miles;
and we string together our efforts
like so many pearls.
Before long,
look what you have -
a whole strand!

Ah... beautiful.


"The only things that stand between a person and what they want in life
are the will to try it, and the faith to believe it's possible."
~Rich Devos~

1 comment:

Ilka Flood said...

Hi DeAnn,

Great minds think alike :)
I noticed that you stopped by my blog. We have the same topic this week. "Staying the Course" just landed in my inbox this morning and I thought it was a great blog post.

Also, your blogs name caught my eye as I have another blog called "Ilka's Insights."

So indeed, "great minds think alike."

Wishing you much, much success. And, if I ever can do anything for you, please let me know.

Have a wonderful week!

Ilka
http://www.EnlightenedNetworker.com