Sunday, December 27, 2009

Chiseled In Stone

2010's 10 commandments: As defined by Webster and Cornwell (newest version)

1.  I shall be Optimistic about where I want to go and getting there.  Optimism - to anticipate the best possible positive outcome. 

2.  I shall be
Realistic
Realistic - seeking what is achievable or possible, based on known facts.  Realism - practical understanding of life: a practical understanding and acceptance of the actual nature of the world, rather than an idealized or romantic view of it. Honestly evaluating a situation or facts. 

3.  I shall have
Courage
.  Courage - the ability to face danger, difficulty, uncertainty, or pain without being overcome by fear or being deflected from a chosen course of action. I shall have courage even through the uncertain and difficult situations and decisions.

4.  I shall be
Proactive
.  Proactive - taking the initiative by acting rather than reacting to events.  Going after something, not waiting for it to happen.

5.  I shall have the
character or attitude of Humor
.  Humor - mood or state of mind with the ability to see something as funny, or the enjoyment of things that are funny.  Have the quality or content of something that elicits amusement and laughter.  To lightheartedly accept difficult situations.   Lighthearted - happy and relaxed: not weighed down with worries or troubles.  Enjoyable: entertaining in an amusing carefree way.

6.  I shall have a
sense of Freedom
.  Freedom - the ability to exercise free will and make choices independently of any external determining force or fear.  To not be inhibited by something unpleasant or unwanted. An openness to possibilities.

7.  I shall put my
Security
in God.  Security - the state or feeling of being safe and protected. Freedom from worries of loss or the assurance that something of value will not be taken away.  A sense of protection against loss, attack, or harm. 

8.  I shall devote time to my
Spirituality
.  Spirituality - the quality or condition of being spiritual.  Relying on God and trusting his plans and timing.  Not relying on material things, but on Godly things.  Growing in closeness to God.  Building an intimate relationship with God on a daily basis; minute by minute.

9.  I shall live
Healthy
.  Healthy - in good physical or mental condition.  Encouraging moral or psychological soundness.  Being prosperous or thriving in such things as habits. Being strong spiritually.  Accepting emotions and feelings for what they are and dealing with them positively.

10.  I shall
Love
myself and others.  Love - to feel and show kindness and charity to somebody.  An intense feeling of tender affection and compassion, mercy, grace, and politeness to humanity.  Showing love through striving for the best in myself.  Accepting and having a positive perspective of self.

My 2010 purpose is to set goals.  I am determined to attain them through detailed steps to attain those goals and a time frame to get there.  I will do this by following my own set of 10 commandments.  I hope you will do the same.


 

"The mind is the leader of all actions."

     ~Joyce Meyer~


 


 

1 comment:

Barbara's blog said...

Good goals. Hope you can keep all of them. Happy New Year!