Sunday, October 18, 2009

Warmer Weather Warmer Outlook

Warmer weather has brought warmer thoughts. I have spent the last 2 weeks fairly sick. I have not been able to exercise due to no energy and trying to get in a little extra sleep. I don’t look for that to change much this week. I am on my 2nd round of antibiotics and they do seem to be helping. It is just the normal fall cold, but in my case it kicked me hard. The first week I missed 3 days of work. I never miss work, so I had to be very sick. The second week I struggled to make it through the full days of work, but there are several of us out sick, so I felt if I could do the job I needed to be there. Now this week is a 4 day week then I start vacation, so if I can just plug through until the end! Coughing is still the biggest factor and it can wear you out.

I placed 3rd in the top 5 females at the Salina YMCA Pound Plunge. Of course I feel a little guilty because I lost the 8 pounds because I was sick and ate chicken and noodle soup 3 days. I won a certificate for a premium salad at McDonalds. At least the prize is something healthy. Maybe I’ll check out a grilled chicken salad with dressing on the side. I weighed this week thinking I would gain 4-5 pounds because I ate “normal” food this week. I must have been intelligent about it because I only gained 2 pounds. So I will plug along and strive to lose and get back on top.

The warmer weather is encouraging! It makes one want to get out and walk, rock in the rocker on the front porch, throw a football, move about, rake leaves (okay, maybe I’m going overboard there), but it does encourage some positive desires to a healthier movement. I just hate that the cold is just around the corner. I doubt I find the same enthusiasm for shoveling show, walking in the snow, rocking in the snow, etc. The “Y” will have to be my exercise base.

I am still doing a better job of listening to my pouch and it’s signaling me that I am getting full. I seem to be back on track to know when to stop, even if all the food isn’t off my plate yet. That had become a big issue for me in the last few months. I feel like I am back at step one in some ways with the new lifestyle. I guess that is all part of life, starting over and gaining strength again and again. I have been making better food choices and portion choices the last week. I still have a long way to go to get back to my original enthusiasm and consciousness of eating healthy, but I am walking in the right direction again.

Thank you to everyone for your support. When one gets down and frustrated it is hard to get back over the hump. In the last few months I am sure you have noticed that frustration and lack of positive outlook. I know I have and have hated it! I hope I am finally pointed back in the right direction and getting on the right track. Thank you for hanging in there for me! I know I have a long way to go, but one step at a time. This week found a small gain in weight, but also a small leap in reserve and momentum. I just have to remember to look up and rely on the one that can do it-God!

When I say "No way." God says, "My way".

No comments: