Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wounded Heart


 

How much Christ is a priority in my life will determine my lifestyle. How much I mimic Him. Jesus didn't come for the righteous, but for the unrighteous. Come to Him as you are and He will make you what he wants you to be – step by step, trial by trial, and release by release. When I relinquish my desires for His desires, when I resort to trusting Him and relying on Him, His healing begins. Through my release and my obedience I am fulfilled. Lord, Help Me, for I can't help myself.


 

Let Him show you how much He loves you. I have to give Him the chance to "prove" His love. He won't force himself on me. I have a choice. My choices will produce the outcomes and the consequences I must accept. God can make those outcomes a blessing if I choose Him over temptations.


 

Instant
gratification results in temporary
satisfaction. Don't you want something more permanent, like consistent fulfillment, contentment, joy, etc? Is instant gratification worth the loss of the blessings? Is temporary satisfaction worth the loss of a life of fulfillment, contentment, joy, etc.? Anything of worth takes added effort and focus – only found through God.


 

God can make the impossible possible, but we have to invite Him to work within us. We have to give up our own desires, our own plan of solving (through instant gratification) for His plan of dealing with any situation. God often doesn't respond instantly. When the people around us hurt, we hurt and Christ hurts when we hurt. Only He can heal.


 

Jesus conquered the grave. He can help conquer our daily demons; food, alcohol, drugs, fears, rejection, loneliness, depression, doubt, frustration; temptations of any sort. I must look past the instant gratification and towards the permanent blessings. Anything worth having takes time, effort and focus. God can give me it all. I must set my eyes on the end goal, not the short- sighted satisfaction. As I settle for the temporary satisfaction, I lose the permanent blessing.


 

"Jesus, He meets you where you are. Jesus, He heals your secret scars. All the love you're longing for, is Jesus; the friend of a wounded heart."


 

Sign of aging:

When you try to straighten out the wrinkles in your socks

and discover you don't have any on.

  ~Max Lucado~ Paraphrased

No comments: